Thursday, October 20, 2011

Luke at 3 months

I gotta say that although I am extraordinarily thankful that the boy is so healthy and continuing to grow so well, it is KILLING me that he is already at three months old!

Luke is such a joy! Here are some highlights for age 3 months:

*He is such a joy! other than when his belly hurts (more on that below), Luke is a happy, pretty laid-back baby. As I tell him all the time, he's the third kid, he has no choice but to be laid-back!

*He rarely fusses in earnest, but when he does, watch out! If he is truly keyed up, it usually takes him several minutes to calm all the way back down, and I am often the only one that will do TO settle him down.

*Luke is big and strong. On his three month birthday, he weighed 15.6 lbs, and he is so LONG. That might be because he also loves to eat. In fact, he often grins with anticipation when I am getting ready to nurse him. :) He is doing great with tummy time, and will even fuss if I leave him on his back too long and he wants to turn over. He also is totally over the idea of laying back like a little baby; he instead wants to sit up straight under his own power.


*He continues to have some issues with his bowels. Since dropping all dairy and soy out of my diet, the bleeding has nearly completely stopped, but occasionally we will have a day with a few flecks in the stool. Nearly always coinciding with that, he will be extra fussy, clingy, and hard to console. I am convinced that even when he is not bleeding, his intestinal system is still not quite right; many times during any given week, he will suddenly be "pain crying" in the middle of being perfectly content.

*What a great sleeper! Maybe God has allowed this to cut me some slack since there has been so much other drama with this little guy. Typical schedule is asleep for night from around 9ish until 7ish a.m.!!!!! WooHoo! Naps are still not what I would consider set. He definitely is taking two longer naps, but still sometimes takes cat naps too.

*Cutest development of late is his absolutely adorable belly laugh. He is horribly ticklish (much more than the girls ever were at this age); get one of those tickle spots, and he just cackles! He also is a very smiley baby, which people remark about all the time.

*This is kind of strange, but another thing people remark on all the time. He has a really even, beautiful complexion. (or so they say!)

*He is currently wearing Pampers Swaddlers Size 1-2s, and is squuuueeeezzzziiiinnnnggg into 6 month clothes (due to the length).

*Luke has definitely stepped up his "talking", trying really hard to communicate his wishes verbally. I have most noticed him doing this with Lily, probably because she freaks him out sometimes being so "big" in her reactions to him. He will furrow his brow at her and make a disgruntled coo back to her.

*Favorite toys/entertainment: Light-up snail with mirror that sings, monkey rattle, CRIB MOBILE, happy apple, sisters singing to him, Charming and talking to himself in the mirror. Favorite lovey: Mommy :)

These first four shots were taken exactly on his 3 month birthday. The others are from the past few weeks.
















No comments: