Sooooo. That would put me about two months behind with the biggest news to hit our house in a long while! Luke Alexander Biebighauser was born on 7-7-11. More to come in a later post about his dramatic birth story . . .
For now, let me fill you in on my little man; Luke is a joy!
*At two months, his little personality is really starting to shine. He LOVES to smile at you, and when you respond with a smile back, his gets even wider! He is also cooing in response to people, and at times is vocalizing to get your attention when you are distracted.
*He makes tons of hilarious expressions, especially for such a young baby. One of the cutest is when he sticks his bottom lip out in a perfect pout; that's the pre-curser to his "sad" cry, and I have yet to capture it on camera.
Another expression he frequently makes, and one I never remember the girls making, I would classify as a sneer. It shows up when he is pretty unimpressed with what's going on.
*He is a total snuggle bug. When he lays his head down on my shoulder, he goes totally limp and shlurps up as closely as possible to my body. I wanted to have a snuggly baby this time, and I guess I got my wish!
*He is really strong. He already holds his weight on his legs and pushes up from a squat, and easily holds his whole torso and head up in a superman position during tummy time.
*He loves his bath. I think the boy would float around contentedly in his bath water until it got ice cold
*He is a GREAT sleeper. Already, we are pretty close to being on a two nap schedule: one about an hour after he gets up in the morning, and one longer one during the afternoon. The best part is that he has been sleeping through the night for a good week now. and get this, his "night" is from 9 p.m. ish to around 6:30 a.m.ish. Praise the Lord!
*Luke is a MAJOR mama's boy. Although this does not make me upset :), it's pretty heart-wrenching to watch his reaction when he realizes I have left the room. I personally am completely convinced this has everything to do with the emotional trauma we both experienced with his beginning of life happening in the NICU. (more on that in later posts). It truly seems at times that he panics when I am suddenly gone. And this happens about 80% of the time I have to be gone. Let's just say I am becoming the master of the incredibly fast bathroom and shower break!
He's been getting in some major lovin' with his fan club:
Daddy
Sisters
Grandma
Grandpa
Pop
Mammaw
Uncle Lon and Aunt Christy
Uncle Eric
Aunt Katie
*The major drama of late with him is that we are headed to Cook's in Ft. Worth this week to a gastroenterologist. For about the last 3 weeks, Luke has had anywhere from minute to moderately large amounts of blood in his stool. At first this was attributed to him having a dairy protein sensitivity that required me going 100% dairy free to clean that out of my breastmilk. That improved, but has not fixed, the problem. He seems to have some discomfort from whatever is going on with his bowels, because he often shrieks or cries in obvious pain prior to, and when, that system is "moving". We are all praying that this turns out to be no big deal, and that there is an easy solution.
Little Luke, you are such a special addition to our family! We love you!



























No comments:
Post a Comment