Thursday, February 11, 2010

Texas Global Warming Blizzard

Color me spectacularly happy. I love cold weather. I love snow. I love playing in the snow. I love building snowman. And by gosh, that's what I did tonight. It was ridiculous. I was WAY more excited than either of the girls.

And are you ready for this! The snow is currently NINE and 3/4 INCHES DEEP AND IT IS STILL SNOWING HEAVILY! Where it had drifted it was close to 12 INCHES! Gotta love the global warming.

We built a whole snow family to match ours and Lily even helped! She did so much better in the cold snow this time. Even had a couple of smiles. Grace still thinks snowball throwing is the best fun, and Lee and I had a hilarious time lifting the middle snowball together for our big daddy snowman (that was taller than me when we were done).

I feel so proud and blessed to have a family that loves having fun together, and especially to have a wonderful husband that truly desires to spend time with the girls and me. Thanks you God for fun family snow time!








2 comments:

eric said...

AWESOME SNOW FAMILY!! And I am SUPER jealous of the snow...it's just wet here. And cold. And miserable.

Yuuuuuuuck.

Have fun! Love you!

Katie said...

HOW FUN to have a family of snowpeople! What a cute idea.

Where did you get Lily's gloves? Julia was overjoyed playing in the snow for about 30 minutes, and then she started wailing crying. My guess is that her fingers were going numb because the wet snow soaked right through her thin mittens.