Monday, September 07, 2009

Lake Rats

Have I mentioned lately how much I love the lake? In fact, for someone who loves it so much, I sure don't seem to be there very often. Bummer. BUT -- yesterday, we all headed to Possum Kingdom to spend the day with my mom's brother's family (i.e. my aunt, uncle, cousins, etc.) at their lake house. It was spectacularly beautiful weather -- tons of sunshine, a lovely breeze, and just the right temperature. We had a great visit with my cousins, whom I had not seen in a year and a half, and my oldest cousin, Julie's, precious cutie Sydney.

There were so many firsts for the girls on this trip: Lily had her first boat ride, which she liked, although she was not impressed with her cumbersome life jacket or the uncomfortable (but adorable) hat I made her wear. I think she would have liked it even more, but it was choppy out from the wind and tons of holiday weekend boat traffic. Grace went swimming for the first time in the lake, and liked that as well, although I think it unnerved her until she got used to the sensation of the life jacket holding her up. She also had her first spin on the sea-doo with her Daddy, which they both loved!

Hands down, though, the highlight of the day was Grace's first inter tube ride behind the boat. It was downright entertaining watching her; after she got over about 30 seconds of an expression that would have been captioned "Holy Elmo! what are these people doing to me?", she spent the entire rest of the time hysterically laughing, and I mean throwing-her-head-back-roaring-in-glee laughing. She rode between Lee and my dad on a three-seater, and it was hilarious watching those two as well. Grace was so brave and so big, and Momma was SO proud. Enjoy the pictures!


1st cruise on the lake, wearing Daddy's shades




Here goes nothing . . .


Only decent picture I got with them moving, and it's blurry, but at least you can see their expressions.



1st seadoo ride



Who's that good lookin' baby in the hat?


Grace, Sydney (2) in her shades, and cousin Jessica


Grandpa and his girls



Mommy and her big girl

Mommy and her little girl



Attempted photo op with girls, and Lily is cute. However, Grace looks like she is about to eat her sister.




Best shot we got of Sydney, Grace, and Lily



I love this picture of Lily (13 months). She was playing in an empty kiddie pool up on the deck.

No comments: