
Sunday, August 1st, was Lily's 2nd birthday. Being that Sundays are mayhem at our house, we opted to celebrate with family on Saturday. No shock to anyone who has talked to Lily more than five minutes, she wanted an Elmo theme. For several weeks leading up to this, Lily would just randomly start talking about how Mommy was going to make her an Elmo cake. So that's what Mommy did! Here is the photo series of her seeing the cake for the first time. It was so cute, she jumped up and down and clapped her hands and admired it for a good several minutes. And that is why I go to so much trouble for these cakes, people! It's always worth it . . . When we sang to her, she totally knew that she was supposed to be blowing out her candles. After we got done and we asked her what we should do next she said "Do it again!" So of course we sang it again. Twice.





Lily had a blast that day. This year she definitely understood that it was all about her, and she had no problem being the center of attention. Her favorite item of the whole day besides the cake was a giant Elmo helium balloon Lee and I found. She is STILL carrying it around with her all over the house and giving it hugs.
She also really got into opening her gifts. She would start to unwrap one and we would say "What is it, Lily?" She would hold her hand up and say "Hold on, hold on." Hysterical. Some highlights . . .


Loving on Uncle Eric

Trying on her new kicks. The girl LOVES her some shoes.

Testing out the new sleeping bag from Mammaw and Pop

We bought her a new baby doll. This is the photo series from her opening it; such a little Mommy!


We also got her an Elmo "cell phone" that you program online so that Elmo says her name in several phrases. Here she is figuring out why it's special . . .
I was really proud of Grace. She did extremely well keeping any jealousy or bossiness in check. Several times she was really helpful, on Lily's terms, and then went right back to being an observer. Really a sign of some maturity with her I thought. Here's a sweet picture of her and my mom.

I take Lily for her two year checkup in a few days. Post to follow on all she's up to these days.
Happy Birthday Sweet Sunshine Girl!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Lily!!! We love you! Sounds like you had everything a 2-year-old could want on her special day.
Maybe it's the pigtails making her look older like Grace, but for the first time I see a LOT of resemblance between the two girls. I've never really noticed the similarities before, but this time there were several pictures where I thought Lily looked very much like Grace in some of her facial features or expressions.
Post a Comment