Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Not much is going on around here.  Still (always) house hunting, of course.  As promised, we have been periodically checking back on the hummingbird nest and eventually found the eggs hatched out!


Lee, Grace, and Lily (on Lee's back) looking in the nest



Baby hummingbirds; I thought they just looked like any other newborn bird -- ugly!  But of course they were teeny tiny.





We are spending the lazy, hot summer days around here in a variety of ways.  Here are a few:

Feeding the kittens: Chloe, Lucy, and Ferdinand the Fierce (guess who named him) . . .




Snuggling with the kitties . . .

(Aunt Christy likes kittens almost as much as Grace!)


Swinging outside . . .



Fun time at the park with Grandpa and Grandma . . .




Washing cars with Daddy . . .






This past weekend was my little "niece" Julia's first birthday.  I don't have any birthday pictures yet, but here's one of the riding in the wagon together.  Lily thought Julia was so funny, and couldn't stop giving her kisses.





We also were able to take some of Lily and Julia (who are only two months apart) in their matching tutus.  Needless to say, they did not sit still or pose very well, but they were awfully cute!

Lily the fabulous



Julia the fabulous


Loving on Aunt Katie



On the way home from Aunt Katie's in Dallas, the wildflowers just outside of Jacksboro were spectacularly beautiful, truly the most beautiful I have ever seen anywhere in the state of Texas. The Indian paintbrushes and black-eyed Susans were dominating, but there were purple and a few pink types as well.  It looked like someone had spilled paints up and down the highways. And as any good mom does, I looked at them and thought "Let's plunk the baby down in them and take pictures!"  She did really well, especially considering that it was 11:30 and sweltering.

Lily, 10 months

Smile at the pretty flowers . . .
Smell the pretty flowers . . .
Eat the pretty flowers!



And finally for today's entry, do you ever have one of those moments as a mom where you are in the other room and suddenly hear a crash, or some other noise that does not bode well, and you don't even want to look around the corner at the result?  

I had one of those this morning . . .


1 comment:

Katie said...

The kittens don't even look like they're from the same litter! Grace looks like she was having so much fun washing cars with her daddy. You weren't kidding about the wildflowers being so gorgeous, and I laughed hysterically at Lily sliding through the pile of Cheerios so that she could sit smack in the middle of them. I had so much fun getting such smiles and kisses from Lily. We missed you Grace...and you too Lee, I suppose. ;-)