Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pictures in my mind . . .

Everywhere I look I "see" so many things: the rooms where I have laid my babies down for the first time to sleep in our home. The place in the living room where Grace took her first steps. The bedroom where Lee and I have had so many late-night conversations and where I told him we were having another baby. The last times my sweet Nanny was here and our Grammie filled the room with her laughter before they both went to be with Jesus. The floor where we have danced miles and miles to bluegrass and the Nutcracker, and wrestled and tickled for hours. The window whose moonlight shadows my Lily's face when I rock her in the night. The hallway that echoed laughter, running bare toes, and walker wheels. The yard where Lee and I spent hours and hours weeding and sodding, and where Grace's face lit up with smiles with her first sprinkler foray. The kitchen walls that took 5 colors of paint, one month, and three people to finish. Every space, every corner, every inch of this house has been ingrained in my heart, because God has blessed us in so many ways while we have called it home.

When we moved in, Lee and I had been married for just under 4 years and had no children. Now we have been married for over 8 years and have two beautiful girls. The two of us have grown so much as a couple -- through heartbreaking times, frustrating episodes, and times of such joy that I can't think of them with out tears springing to my eyes. So much has happened for us in this span of short time -- so many life changes, and I am so thankful that God has given us this place to create such vivid remembrances.

Probably because I am getting emotional thinking about all the memories we have made in this house over the past 4 1/2 years, I can not seem to put down my camera currently. Look at our beautiful daughters . . .







No comments: